Words of Wisdom on the Kingdom of God
(to them that hath an ear to hear)
Psa 78:1-3 NKJV
(1) A Contemplation Of Asaph. Give ear, O my people, to my law; Incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
(2) I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old,
(3) Which we have heard and known, And our fathers have told us.
Isa 6:9-10 NKJV
(9) And He said, "Go, and tell this people: 'Keep on hearing, but do not understand; Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.'
(10) "Make the heart of this people dull, And their ears heavy, And shut their eyes; Lest they see with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And return and be healed."
Mar 4:2-20 NKJV
(2) Then He taught them many things by parables, and said to them in His teaching:
(3) "Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow.
(4) And it happened, as he sowed, that some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds of the air came and devoured it.
(5) Some fell on stony ground, where it did not have much earth; and immediately it sprang up because it had no depth of earth.
(6) But when the sun was up it was scorched, and because it had no root it withered away.
(7) And some seed fell among thorns; and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no crop.
(8) But other seed fell on good ground and yielded a crop that sprang up, increased and produced: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred."
(9) And He said to them, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"
(10) But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable.
(11) And He said to them, "To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables,
(12) so that 'SEEING THEY MAY SEE AND NOT PERCEIVE, AND HEARING THEY MAY HEAR AND NOT UNDERSTAND; LEST THEY SHOULD TURN, AND THEIR SINS BE FORGIVEN THEM.' "
(13) And He said to them, "Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables?
(14) The sower sows the word.
(15) And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts.
(16) These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
(17) and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word's sake, immediately they stumble.
(18) Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word,
(19) and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
(20) But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred."
Mat 13:10-23 NKJV
(10) And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"
(11) He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
(12) For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.
(13) Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
(14) And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: 'HEARING YOU WILL HEAR AND SHALL NOT UNDERSTAND, AND SEEING YOU WILL SEE AND NOT PERCEIVE;
(15) FOR THE HEARTS OF THIS PEOPLE HAVE GROWN DULL. THEIR EARS ARE HARD OF HEARING, AND THEIR EYES THEY HAVE CLOSED, LEST THEY SHOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS, LEST THEY SHOULD UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEARTS AND TURN, SO THAT I SHOULD HEAL THEM.'
(16) But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;
(17) for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
(18) "Therefore hear the parable of the sower:
(19) When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.
(20) But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy;
(21) yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.
(22) Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.
(23) But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."
Luk 8:9-15 NKJV
(9) Then His disciples asked Him, saying, "What does this parable mean?"
(10) And He said, "To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is given in parables, that 'SEEING THEY MAY NOT SEE, AND HEARING THEY MAY NOT UNDERSTAND.'
(11) "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
(12) Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
(13) But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.
(14) Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.
(15) But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.
Microview of the KOG at work in individuals.
Luk 8:16-18 NKJV
(16) "No one, when he has lit a lamp, covers it with a vessel or puts it under a bed, but sets it on a lampstand, that those who enter may see the light.
(17) For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light.
(18) Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him."
Mar 4:21-25 NKJV
(21) Also He said to them, "Is a lamp brought to be put under a basket or under a bed? Is it not to be set on a lampstand?
(22) For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light.
(23) If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear."
(24) Then He said to them, "Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given.
(25) For whoever has, to him more will be given; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him."
Luk 11:33-36 NKJV
(33) "No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light.
(34) The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness.
(35) Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness.
(36) If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, the whole body will be full of light, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light."
Pro 20:27 NKJV
(27) The spirit of a man is the lamp of the LORD, Searching all the inner depths of his heart.
Mat 5:14-16 NKJV
(14) "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.
(15) Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.
(16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Mat 6:22-23 NKJV
(22) "The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.
(23) But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
What defiles a man?
Mat 15:10-20 NKJV
(10) When He had called the multitude to Himself, He said to them, "Hear and understand:
(11) Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man."
(12) Then His disciples came and said to Him, "Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?"
(13) But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
(14) Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."
(15) Then Peter answered and said to Him, "Explain this parable to us."
(16) So Jesus said, "Are you also still without understanding?
(17) Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated?
(18) But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man.
(19) For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.
(20) These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man."
Mar 7:17-23 NKJV
(17) When He had entered a house away from the crowd, His disciples asked Him concerning the parable.
(18) So He said to them, "Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him,
(19) because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?"
(20) And He said, "What comes out of a man,that defiles a man.
(21) For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
(22) thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
(23) All these evil things come from within and defile a man."
KOG is like…
Mat 13:24-52 NKJV
(24) Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;
(25) but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.
(26) But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.
(27) So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
(28) He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Do you want us then to go and gather them up?'
(29) But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.
(30) Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn." ' "
(31) Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field,
(32) which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches."
(33) Another parable He spoke to them: "The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened."
(34) All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
(35) that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I WILL OPEN MY MOUTH IN PARABLES; I WILL UTTER THINGS KEPT SECRET FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD."
(36) Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field."
(37) He answered and said to them: "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.
(38) The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one.
(39) The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels.
(40) Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age.
(41) The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness,
(42) and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
(43) Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!
Macroview of the KOG at work in the world.
(44) "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
(45) "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls,
(46) who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.
(47) "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a dragnet that was cast into the sea and gathered some of every kind,
(48) which, when it was full, they drew to shore; and they sat down and gathered the good into vessels, but threw the bad away.
(49) So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just,
(50) and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
(51) Jesus said to them, "Have you understood all these things?" They said to Him, "Yes, Lord."
(52) Then He said to them, "Therefore every scribe instructed concerning the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure things new and old."
Mar 4:26-34 NKJV
(26) And He said, "The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground,
(27) and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how.
(28) For the earth yields crops by itself: first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head.
(29) But when the grain ripens, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come."
(30) Then He said, "To what shall we liken the kingdom of God? Or with what parable shall we picture it?
(31) It is like a mustard seed which, when it is sown on the ground, is smaller than all the seeds on earth;
(32) but when it is sown, it grows up and becomes greater than all herbs, and shoots out large branches, so that the birds of the air may nest under its shade."
(33) And with many such parables He spoke the word to them as they were able to hear it.
(34) But without a parable He did not speak to them. And when they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples.
Rom 12:2 NKJV
(2) And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Luk 5:36-39 NKJV
(36) Then He spoke a parable to them: "No one puts a piece from a new garment on an old one; otherwise the new makes a tear, and also the piece that was taken out of the new does not match the old.
(37) And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined.
(38) But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved.
(39) And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new; for he says, 'The old is better.' "
Hos 9:1-2 NKJV
(1) Do not rejoice, O Israel, with joy like other peoples, For you have played the harlot against your God. You have made love for hire on every threshing floor.
(2) The threshing floor and the winepress Shall not feed them, And the new wine shall fail in her.
Mat 6:24 NKJV
(24) "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
Principle – You can’t walk the fence with God or the KOG will fail in you.
Good Tree / Corrupt Tree
Mat 12:33-37 NKJV
(33) "Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.
(34) Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
(35) A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
(36) But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
(37) For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
Luk 6:43-49 NKJV
(43) "For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.
(44) For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush.
(45) A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
(46) "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say?
(47) Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:
(48) He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock.
(49) But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. And the ruin of that house was great."
Psa 1:1-6 NKJV
(1) Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
(2) But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.
(3) He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.
(4) The ungodly are not so, But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
(5) Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
(6) For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the ungodly shall perish.
-conclusion of Parables - Words of Wisdom on the Kingdom of God-
© copyright 2014 Jesus M. Ruiz