The Heart of the Righteous
The Heart of the Righteous… the Godly
(1) A Psalm of David. To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
(2) O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me.
(3) Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed; Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause.
(4) Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths.
(5) Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day.
(6) Remember, O LORD, Your tender mercies and Your lovingkindnesses, For they are from of old.
(7) Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; According to Your mercy remember me, For Your goodness' sake, O LORD.
(8) Good and upright is the LORD; Therefore He teaches sinners in the way.
(9) The humble He guides in justice, And the humble He teaches His way.
(10) All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth, To such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.
(11) For Your name's sake, O LORD, Pardon my iniquity, for it is great.
(12) Who is the man that fears the LORD? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses.
(13) He himself shall dwell in prosperity, And his descendants shall inherit the earth.
(14) The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him, And He will show them His covenant.
(15) My eyes are ever toward the LORD, For He shall pluck my feet out of the net.
(16) Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me, For I am desolate and afflicted.
(17) The troubles of my heart have enlarged; Bring me out of my distresses!
(18) Look on my affliction and my pain, And forgive all my sins.
(19) Consider my enemies, for they are many; And they hate me with cruel hatred.
(20) Keep my soul, and deliver me; Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You.
(21) Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I wait for You.
(22) Redeem Israel, O God, Out of all their troubles!
(1) A Psalm of David. A Contemplation. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered.
(2) Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit.
(3) When I kept silent, my bones grew old Through my groaning all the day long.
(4) For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah
(5) I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
(6) For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You In a time when You may be found; Surely in a flood of great waters They shall not come near him.
(7) You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah
(8) I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.
(9) Do not be like the horse or like the mule, Which have no understanding, Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, Else they will not come near you.
(10) Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; But he who trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him.
(11) Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous; And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!
(25) Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
(26) My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
(27) For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish; You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry.
(28) But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works.
(13) Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name; The upright shall dwell in Your presence.
(1) A Psalm of David. LORD, I cry out to You; Make haste to me! Give ear to my voice when I cry out to You.
(2) Let my prayer be set before You as incense, The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
The Righteous Go Willingly through the Gate
(18) The LORD has chastened me severely, But He has not given me over to death.
(19) Open to me the gates of righteousness; I will go through them, And I will praise the LORD.
(20) This is the gate of the LORD, Through which the righteous shall enter.
(21) I will praise You, For You have answered me, And have become my salvation.
The Righteous Wait for God alone…
(5) My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him.
(6) He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved.
(7) In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God.
(8) Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah
(28) For the LORD loves justice, And does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.
(29) The righteous shall inherit the land, And dwell in it forever.
(30) The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, And his tongue talks of justice.
(31) The law of his God is in his heart; None of his steps shall slide.
(32) The wicked watches the righteous, And seeks to slay him.
(33) The LORD will not leave him in his hand, Nor condemn him when he is judged.
(34) Wait on the LORD, And keep His way, And He shall exalt you to inherit the land; When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.
(1) A Song of Ascents. Unto You I lift up my eyes, O You who dwell in the heavens.
(2) Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, So our eyes look to the LORD our God, Until He has mercy on us.
(3) Have mercy on us, O LORD, have mercy on us! For we are exceedingly filled with contempt.
The Righteous Seek His Face…
(4) One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple.
(5) For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.
(6) And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.
(7) Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
(8) When You said, "Seek My face," My heart said to You, "Your face, LORD, I will seek."
(9) Do not hide Your face from me; Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation.
(10) When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the LORD will take care of me.
(11) Teach me Your way, O LORD, And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
(12) Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries; For false witnesses have risen against me, And such as breathe out violence.
(13) I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
(14) Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!
(1) Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples!
(2) Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; Talk of all His wondrous works!
(3) Glory in His holy name; Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the LORD!
(4) Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face evermore!
(5) Remember His marvelous works which He has done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth,
(6) O seed of Abraham His servant, You children of Jacob, His chosen ones!
(7) He is the LORD our God; His judgments are in all the earth.
(8) He remembers His covenant forever, The word which He commanded, for a thousand generations,
(9) The covenant which He made with Abraham, And His oath to Isaac,
(10) And confirmed it to Jacob for a statute, To Israel as an everlasting covenant,
(22) For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom;
(11) Then the Pharisees came out and began to dispute with Him, seeking from Him a sign from heaven, testing Him.
(12) But He sighed deeply in His spirit, and said, "Why does this generation seek a sign? Assuredly, I say to you, no sign shall be given to this generation."
(38) Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, "Teacher, we want to see a sign from You."
(39) But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
(40) For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
(25) And when they found Him on the other side of the sea, they said to Him, "Rabbi, when did You come here?"
(26) Jesus answered them and said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled.
(27) Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him."
(31) "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
(32) For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
(33) But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
(1) If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
(2) Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
(13) These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
(14) For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland.
(15) And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return.
(16) But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.
(14) For here we have no continuing city, but we seek the one to come.
(10) for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
The Righteous Submit to God…
(6) But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "GOD RESISTS THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE."
(7) Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
(8) Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
(9) Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
(10) Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
(9) Yet the righteous will hold to his way, And he who has clean hands will be stronger and stronger.
(8) The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.
(9) He that walketh uprightly walketh surely: but he that perverteth his ways shall be known.
(1) My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
(2) And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
(3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
The Righteous have a Heart to be Corrected…
(21) Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.
(3) Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.
(4) Do not incline my heart to any evil thing, To practice wicked works With men who work iniquity; And do not let me eat of their delicacies.
(5) Let the righteous strike me; It shall be a kindness. And let him rebuke me; It shall be as excellent oil; Let my head not refuse it. For still my prayer is against the deeds of the wicked.
The Righteous are tested by God...
(9) Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, But establish the just; For the righteous God tests the hearts and minds.
Psa 11:5, 7
(5) The LORD tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
(7) For the LORD is righteous, He loves righteousness; His countenance beholds the upright.
Like a baby learning to walk…
The Lord Eyes the Righteous…
(15) The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their cry.
(16) The face of the LORD is against those who do evil, To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
(17) The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles.
(18) The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
(19) Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all.
(20) He guards all his bones; Not one of them is broken.
(21) Evil shall slay the wicked, And those who hate the righteous shall be condemned.
(22) The LORD redeems the soul of His servants, And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.
(6) For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the ungodly shall perish.
(8) Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous;
(9) not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.
(10) For "HE WHO WOULD LOVE LIFE AND SEE GOOD DAYS, LET HIM REFRAIN HIS TONGUE FROM EVIL, AND HIS LIPS FROM SPEAKING DECEIT.
(11) LET HIM TURN AWAY FROM EVIL AND DO GOOD; LET HIM SEEK PEACE AND PURSUE IT.
(12) FOR THE EYES OF THE LORD ARE ON THE RIGHTEOUS, AND HIS EARS ARE OPEN TO THEIR PRAYERS; BUT THE FACE OF THE LORD IS AGAINST THOSE WHO DO EVIL."
(13) And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?
(14) But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. "AND DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THEIR THREATS, NOR BE TROUBLED."
(15) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;
The Righteous are Generous…
(26) He coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and spareth not.
(34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
(35) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
(36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
(37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
(38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
(39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
(40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Proverbs of the Righteous…
(11) The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.
(16) The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin.
(17) He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth.
(32) The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness.
(23) The desire of the righteous is only good: but the expectation of the wicked is wrath.
(30) The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
(5) The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit.
(12) The wicked desireth the net of evil men: but the root of the righteous yieldeth fruit.
(32) The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.
(28) The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
(29) The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
(10) The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
(12) The righteous man wisely considereth the house of the wicked: but God overthroweth the wicked for their wickedness.
Summary of the Righteous…
(12) The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
(13) Those who are planted in the house of the LORD Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
(14) They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing,
(15) To declare that the LORD is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.
(15) Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
(16) But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
(17) Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.
(1) Praise the LORD! Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, Who delights greatly in His commandments.
(2) His descendants will be mighty on earth; The generation of the upright will be blessed.
(3) Wealth and riches will be in his house, And his righteousness endures forever.
(4) Unto the upright there arises light in the darkness; He is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.
(5) A good man deals graciously and lends; He will guide his affairs with discretion.
(6) Surely he will never be shaken; The righteous will be in everlasting remembrance.
(7) He will not be afraid of evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
(8) His heart is established; He will not be afraid, Until he sees his desire upon his enemies.
(9) He has dispersed abroad, He has given to the poor; His righteousness endures forever; His horn will be exalted with honor.
(1) My son, if you receive my words, And treasure my commands within you,
(2) So that you incline your ear to wisdom, And apply your heart to understanding;
(3) Yes, if you cry out for discernment, And lift up your voice for understanding,
(4) If you seek her as silver, And search for her as for hidden treasures;
(5) Then you will understand the fear of the LORD, And find the knowledge of God.
(6) For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding;
(7) He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly;
(8) He guards the paths of justice, And preserves the way of His saints.
(9) Then you will understand righteousness and justice, Equity and every good path.
(10) When wisdom enters your heart, And knowledge is pleasant to your soul,
(11) Discretion will preserve you; Understanding will keep you,
© copyright 2013 Jesus M. Ruiz